Being pregnant with my first daughter is what inspired me to pursue a career in pregnancy massage. Becoming a mummy enabled me to fully understand how truly amazing our bodies can be, and the importance of nurturing our little ones from the earliest of ages. I’m a VTCT and APNT fully qualified and FHT insured Therapist. Having completed the Well Mother pregnancy massage and bodywork course, 'one of the most rigourous pregnancy massage qualifications in the world' I specialise in Prenatal, Postnatal and Deep Tissue massage.
The emotional and physiological benefits associated with pregnancy massage are endless, not just to the mother, but to the partner and baby as well. Light Touch is focused around how bodywork, especially massage, can support the wellbeing of parents and babies during this special and magical time.
What I can offer
Pregnancy Massage and Body Work
- Support, massage and bodywork throughout all three trimesters,
- Tailored massage therapy and bodywork to meet your individual needs,
- Support common complaints of pregnancy,
- Massage techniques for preparing for birth and for use during birth,
- Shiatsu/acupressure points and connections relevant for maternity,
- include key postural exercises to reduce common complaints of pregnancy,
- supporting your connection with your baby and partner focussing on the emotional changes as well as the physical, helping prepare you for birth and motherhood,
- work with higher risk clients,
- Breathing and visualisations.
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage uses firm pressure and slow strokes to reach deeper layers of muscle and fascia (the connective tissue surrounding muscles). It's used for chronic aches and pain and contracted areas such as a stiff neck and upper back, low back pain, leg muscle tightness, and sore shoulders.
The massage is used to break up scar tissue and physically break down muscle "knots" or adhesions (bands of painful, rigid tissue) that can disrupt circulation and cause pain, limited range of motion, and inflammation.
If you are or know anyone who is pregnant why
not get in touch?
Clinic and mobile appointments available
The Practice at Ferndown – 01202 890044
Mobile appointments with Claire - 07894106091
Gift Vouchers also available
Look Forward to hearing from you soon!